St. Paul's Catholic School is a place where Catholic school history and tradition combine with contemporary knowledge and wisdom to educate students, who will become productive, caring citizens of the world in which they live.
St. Paul’s Parish which includes a Catholic elementary school was established in 1923 by Bishop Michael J. Curley. The original church which housed the school on the second and third floor, was dedicated on September 16, 1923 by Bishop William Barry and one hundred twenty students were welcomed a week later. The first class of eighth graders graduated on June 15, 1924.
Since St. Paul’s opened its doors years ago, there have been thousands of graduates. Many of those graduates came to realize the value of their Catholic education as they pursued higher education and training in preparation for work. The same values compelled many send their own children to St. Paul’s who then sent their children. Thus, we are now on third generation of St. Paul’s families.
Neither teachers nor students of long ago could ever have imagined how teaching and learning would evolve into the “age of technology” and students using electronics devices to help them learn. St. Paul’s Catholic school has been able to combine the history and tradition of Catholic education with modern technology.
The basis of education at St. Paul’s is rooted in gospel values to teach the “whole child.” Faith and spiritual development are experienced each day in a variety of ways in each subject. The school has been able to maintain its rich tradition of excellence as it has moved into the twenty-first century.
The historical buildings on Park Street maintain their charm while providing a “cutting edge” quality education. The classrooms are equipped with computers and smart boards. The computer lab and library have been remodeled and updated, the curriculum is preparing children for their future, but it is still the dedication and caring teachers who nurture each child’s mind and soul that makes St. Paul’s so special.